Historical Homes«Back to Sample Projects
Van Horne House (Main Street, Bridgewater, NJ)
The VanHorne House, an historic home dating back to the mid 1600’s, is believed to have been renovated in the 1830’s with an additional wing added by American Cyanamid in the 1980’s. The land on which it is situated was the site of the April 12th 1777 battle of Bound Brook and prior to abandoning the home, it is documented that General Corn Wallis and General Grant of the British army were occupants of this house. Due to the historical significance of this home, we worked closely with local historical societies and agreed to preserve the home along with approximately 6 acres of land. Furthermore, an archeologist specializing in historic artifacts was retained to be present on site while we were excavating the adjacent land just in-case any significant historical artifacts were discovered during construction.
Whitenack House (Route 206, Hillsborough, NJ)
Originally situated on approximately 2200 acres of farmland in Hillsborough, NJ, we acquired the Whitenack House as part of our acquisition of the 100 acre sheep farm. This small Dutch house seems to date back to approx. 1835 but extensive interior and exterior renovations over the years left little of the original historic structure. Nonetheless, several local historical societies wanted to preserve the home, as it represented one of the last remaining structures of its type in Somerset County. Not being able to incorporate the home into our proposed plans for the property, we worked closely with the local historians, engaged the services of an expert to extensively document the historical significance of the home and made special arrangements to have the entire house relocated to another site within the town of Hillsborough